Stress is a part of all of our lives! Here are some simple things you can do to help remain optimistic even when stressed. It may not always be easy, but a shift in focus, will certainly not hurt.
1. Live in the NOW! – When you live in the ‘now” you are not worrying about what is coming (what is past) or how to make it be okay.
2. Count you Blessings – Looking at all the positive things (happening) in our life, helps us not stress over the things that are making us feel stressed.
3. Remember you are safe – Everything happens for the reason but even those things, that we do not want to happen, often teach us and help us grow.
4. Paint a picture of what you want – Keep your thoughts on the outcome you want, rather than the outcome you do not want.
5. Don’t forget to breath – All too often, when we are stressed, we either hold our breath or breath into our shoulders. Taking some deep belly breathes helps provide a calming effect.
6. Remember that failure is just a chance to start over – Some people think it is the end of the world but this is not true. It is a chance to start over and try again. By recognizing that failure makes success sweeter, perhaps will make it less scary for you. You now know what “didn’t work”, that will help you move towards the way that does.
7. The sun will come out tomorrow – Like the song from the musical “Annie” says, the sun will come out, tomorrow is a new day, and good things are just around the bend. Even when we can’t see the sun, it is still there.
It is not always easy to remain optimistic when stressed or when (crazy) things are going on. It will, without a doubt, improve your outcome however. Whenever possible try and keep your thoughts positive and look to a brighter future. It is coming for you.
Thank you for reading my blog today! May your future be filled with sunshine and happy outcomes, as if by magic.
Please Follow the Adventure Sisters
Adventure Sister’s Facebook Page
Adventure Sister’s Pinterest Board