I recently finished reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. This is a book about a boy who has a reoccurring dream, so he sets off to follow his dream to his destiny. The book tells us that the Universe conspires to give use what we are wanting and striving for.
“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
So what are your dreams? Do you know what you want? What are you doing to move in that direction? Do you notice signs, see synchronicities, or feel a ‘knowing’ that you are meant to achieve this objective? I dream to be a published author. I am already a writer and I write all the time. Emy and I have 3 books under our belts and hundreds of blogs. We have not received our publishing deal yet, but it is coming. It is our destiny. Right now we continue to move in the direction of our dreams.
Deepak Chopra says that our lives move forward through our desires. Desires are good things. They give us a goal. Sometimes desires are distractions. Shiny bobbles that look nice and cause us to believe that they will make us happy. Even when our desires may not be a part of our destiny, they are still a goal that keeps us reaching for something. Reaching for things is like exercising, the more we do it, the better we get at achieving those goals. It gives us practice at setting goals and the confidence that we can achieve them.
Here are some steps you can take to help make your dreams a reality.
- Know what you want – So many of us do not even have a firm sense of what we want. You cannot run a race if you do not know where the finish line is. Spend some time meditating on what it is that you ‘really really’ want.
- Set your goal – Often, even when we know what we want, we do not set a firm goal. Write it down or place it firmly in your mind. “My goal is to achieve this”.
- Do some research – Next we need to know what we need to do in order to achieve that goal. So spend some time learning how others have achieved it or a similar goal. Find out what it takes and the steps that can help you reach this goal.
- Put action steps in place – Make a list of the things you will do (objectives) to achieve your goal. You may even want to put dates on when you will do these various steps. This keeps you from getting distracted and suddenly it has been years since you moved towards the desired outcome.
- Do it – Take action and keep moving forward. The Universe loves action. Whether it is taking a class, attending a seminar, doing the research, talking to people who have done it before, or some other action step that gets you a little closer to your goal. Work your plan!
- Never stop believing – Our thoughts become our reality. Believe that this is your destiny and you will achieve, what it is, that you are after. Make a vision board or album. See it as if you have already achieved what you want. You want it for a reason. Feel the feeling of success, as if it was already yours. If you need help with manifesting, here is a series of blogs I wrote on the subject.
- Achieve – You will get there. The Universe will help you. Follow your steps and believe that it is your destiny to achieve this goal. You can and will do this. I believe in you!
Thank you for reading my blog today. I love you! May your dreams come true, as if by magic.
*Photo was taken in on Clearwater Beach, FL.
Please Follow the Adventure Sisters